I just want to stay with this theme for a couple more days because I’m really interested to hear from authors out there who chose to self-publish … can you pass this onto authors you know took this route if you didn’t. Either answer on the Blog in comments or if you prefer email me firstname.lastname@example.org as I would love to know. I won’t use your names, more of a collective result on what opinions when I Blog about my findings. I am chairing a discussion on this and it would be really helpful to know what peoples’ experiences are.
Thank you 🙂
1. Why did you choose this route?
2. Was it costly?
3. Did you choose a self-publishing company or do it yourself with Kindle and/or CreateSpace? Paper book and/or eBook?
4. Were you offered or did you seek an editor? If so how helpful was that? If you didn’t, why not?
5. What did you do to promote your book?
6. How well did it sell?
7. Would you do it again that way?
8. Do you see self-publishing as a stepping stone to a career with a traditional publisher? Is this your career goal?
I really appreciate everyones’ input with this!